Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Maxis or not to Maxis ?

it has been few days that maxis coverage is not stable in my area. is it due to my new phone? well, i don't know about that. i used to be a master in this area 6 years ago as i was with maxis before. but, now, it is not my area anymore. with all the new technologies in the telco industry.. who can catch-up on all that. especially me. i guess .. technologies makes me stupid and more stupid. because i don't know what is the real function of this and that. i got blur when they say 3G, GPS, bluetooth, broadband, etc. for me, knowing what is that is not enough. i wanted to know more. how does it function, what makes it function in that way, and who invent them and more and more.. but i don't have that ample of time to search for every single term (yeah.. as if !!).

apa yang aku merapek ?

so, i called maxis centre - 123 from my mobile phone. spoke with the customer care consultant. his name is ST. with his soothing voice, asked me my phone number, verified my name and asked what is my problem. i told him that i experienced a network problem. asked me whether i used 3g setting or gsm. i said i am not sure. but i saw a 3G word on my phone screen sometimes. he advised me to change it to gsm as 3G network is not stable. he asked me what kind of phone i am using currently. i told him it is a nokia. so, he requested me to wait awhile for him to check on the nokia setting. not in a minute.. he came back and advised me on how to change the setting. suddenly, the phone line disconnected. (thanks to the 3G network). aku membebel sekejap. logged in to the net. typed www.maxis.com.my in the URl address and clicked maxis store. (i wanted to look for the fixed number of maxis call centre). suddenly, my phone rang and on the screen showed a "private number". i said "hello".. and this voice said "hello.. cik hurul, I am ST from maxis centre. sorry terputus tadi, ok.. let me tell u how to change the setting on your phone. u ada pen ?"... and there he went and tell me the whole process.

is he kewl or what ? he even went an extra miles to deliver the message to the customer. i like !!

so, with the new freedom for customers on the changing of network (which celcom is greatly airing their commercial - 012 is now celcom.. 016 is now celcom and so on ).... maxis or not to maxis ? that is all your choice !!

1 comment:

sparkystar said...

amboiii marah sakan cikpuan kt nie..bkn gara2 new phone kn.tu la sapa suro bling anjing lagi.kan dah pblem.hahahahaha