Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Unreplied E-mail

I am quoting my sent-out email dated 14/11/08. Do you think I should get the answers?
 
"Subject: E-Pass Replacement"
 
"Dear Enc.*****
 
Reference to the subject matter above, I would like to inquire on the replacement of e-pass. I discovered a problem with my e-pass when I want to scan it this week.The scanner could not detect the identity. However, physically, the e-pass is in a good state. Therefore, I went to the security office this morning to replace with the new one. I've been charged of RM30.00 due to the cause of damage and shall collect the card by this evening.
 
My questions;
1. Do I get any validity or warranty for the e-pass ? (I did question this to the officer in-charge this morning, he could not answer me.)
2. How do we define "damage" in the case of e-pass ? (Broken? Scratches? Undetected by scanner ? etc? )
 
Thank you in advance."

3 comments:

Noraidalin Buang said...

I guess to make things simple for Security, all types of damages to the card are considered as on your own responsibility. The card is actually pretty sensitive (I was on this e-PASS project before). Very difficult for them to draw line between technical error and damage due to own doing :P. Hence, do take care of your new card well.

akmalhizam said...

As long as we are living in M'sia, please hold all things associated with customer satisfaction and consumerism as null and void.
Do celebrate your day whenever your complaints are being attended to, and warranties on products (whatever they may be) are actually being entertained. Take a grand week-long holiday to a faraway land.
Actually, always take a holiday whenever you have a problem with things under warranty. That way, you're always happy.
;)

hurul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.